Covid-19 safety rules
In the interests of our Patients health and health of the staff at the Hairmitage Clinic, we have implemented full safety and protection measures related to the epidemiological situation caused by the COVID-19 virus.
- When confirming visits, we conduct an initial telephone interview, on the basis of which we qualify Patients for a visit to the Clinic.
- We ask patients to cancel their visit by phone if:
- noticed symptoms of infection, i.e. fever of 38 ° C or higher, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, other symptoms typical of COVID-19.
- have had contact with someone who is sick or suspected of being infected with the COVID-19 virus in the last 14 days.
- We arrange the appointments for the exact time, so we kindly ask you for punctuality. That allows us to reduce the number of Patients staying at the Clinic at the same time.
- We have increased the intervals between consultations / treatments in order to reduce the number of patients staying at the Clinic at the same time.
- Patients are asked to come without accompanying persons. A visit with an accompanying person is possible for patients who are underage or who require care.
- We admit to the Clinic as many patients as to keep the required distance of 1.5 m between them.
- Patients should arrive at the Clinic wearing face masks, in accordance with the Ordinance of the Council of Ministers of April 19, 2020 on the establishment of certain restrictions, orders and bans in connection with the occurrence of the epidemic.
- Before registration we ask all Patients to:
- use of the hand disinfection station at the reception,
- allow Cclinic staff to take temperature measurements. In the event of an increased temperature, the visit will be postponed to another date.
- Disposable masks are available at the reception and they can be used by all Patients if that their mask does not provide sufficient comfort or needs to be replaced with a fresh one.
- Before starting a visit to the Clinic, Patients are asked to complete a questionnaire (COVID-19 Declaration), which allows to assess the degree of risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus. Providing the information indicated in the survey is obligatory. Refusal to complete the questionnaire authorizes the Clinic’s staff to refuse to conduct the visit. We process information on the state of health for purposes related to counteracting the pandemic and to ensure the safety of people staying on the premises of the Clinic. A detailed information clause regarding the processing of our Patients’ data is an integral part of the survey.
- Our employees and medical staff have been trained in the hygiene and safety rules applicable in the event of a pandemic and they absolutely use the necessary personal protective equipment – masks, gloves, and visors.
- To maintain the highest hygiene and for the safety of Patients and staff, we use:
- a physical barrier separating the reception staff from the Patient,
- disposable tableware for beverages offered to Patients,
- disposable chair / bed covers in the operating and treatment rooms,
- In relation to the premises and equipment of the clinic, we use the following measures:
- after each Patient’s visit, rooms and devices are disinfected,
- rooms are regularly aired,
- we disinfect elements of the clinic’s equipment, including door handles, chairs, countertops, toilets, etc.p
- floors are cleaned with bactericides.
- The Clinic has a ventilation and air-conditioning system designed in the so-called hygienic version, which includes F9 class filters (so-called fine filters) for hospital applications. It allows the removal of pollen from the air, fungal spores, mites, bacteria and many viruses. Additionally, we use a flow bactericidal lamp in the operating room.
At Hairmitage, we make every effort to care for the health of our Patients and staff. That is why we would also like to thank all Patients for following the rules set by the Clinic.